The Essentials of Buying Safely on Alibaba: Choosing Reliable Suppliers
The best way to reduce fraud when trading either online or offline, is for buyers and suppliers to conduct proper due-diligence before entering into any transaction. None of the suppliers on Alibaba.com are guaranteed to be honest, so it is important to conduct proper research before commencing business.
Tips on verifying your supplier:
1. Verify the supplier’s identity. For Gold Suppliers, you can refer to the TrustPass Profileon their Alibaba.com minisite for their A&V Check, Onsite Check information (What is A&V Check and Onsite Check?Supplier Assessment. You should also use other offline/online methods to verify the supplier.
2. Verify the supplier’s manufacturing/trading capability. You can also refer to the supplier’s Audit Reports (if available) for an independent onsite report of their manufacturing/trading capability. Ask for the supplier’s bank reference letters to verify their financial credit worthiness.
3. Confirm the supplier’s authorized signatory. Try to use Secure Payment, Trade Assurance or L/C.
4. Order a sample first to check the quality and to ensure that the product is what you are looking for. If the product you are ordering is too large to get samples, we suggest asking the supplier’s previous customers for reference.
5. Search for online complaints or comments about the supplier.
6. Look for Gold Suppliers that are long-term members on Alibaba.com. While Gold Supplier membership is not a guarantee of safety, these suppliers have passed an A&V process that increases the chances of a safe and positive trading experience. If a member has been a Gold Supplier for several years, then they are potentially an even better trading partner as they have a long history on our site. While we have many reliable, safe and high quality Free Members, you should always be extra careful when trading with them, as they have not been through the A&V process or verified in any way by Alibaba.com.
7. For some suppliers on Alibaba.com, Secure Payment payment is available. This protects your payment until you have confirmed receipt of the goods. If available, always use this payment option for security. Always be cautious of using untraceable wire service transfers with suppliers you do not know. These are highly risky and susceptible to fraud.